Blamed for his uncaring attitude ,
Causing all to be hot under the collar,
A stuffed shirt he was labelled,
Hard it was to keep his shirt on,
With everyone’s indifference,
At times, losing his shirt,
Giving the shirt off his back,
To those in need,
Mask of indifference he wore,
To shun critics,
Knight in shining armour to those in need.
A free verse poem weaved using the idioms around the word shirt.
Meaning of idioms used :-
- Hot under the collar :- To be very angry.
- Stuffed shirt :- A person who is too rigid or formal.
- Keep his shirt on :- To be calm or patient.
- Losing his shirt. :- To lose all or most of his money.
- Giving the shirt off his back :- To be generous.
For more such idioms you may refer here.
Acknowledgements :- Written in response to Mindlovemisery’s menagerie Tale Weaver – #283 challenge. The challenge was to write a piece on the word shirt. I chose to use the idioms that are weaved around the word shirt. Also written in response to Sammi’s Weekend Writing Prompt challenge #165 . The word for the week is cavalier and the word limit is exactly 64 words.