When flowers are in full bloom,
Be summer or spring,
A moment of dullness fails,
Terribly to ring.
Butterflies dance to,
Drumbeats of coloured glory,
Their work in full view.
Poetry form :- Seguidilla
Rules for writing Seguidilla :-
- stanzaic, written in any number of 2 part septets. (7 lines)
- syllabic, 7-5-7-5 : 5-7-5 per line. There is a slight pause between L4 and L5 suggesting L4 should be end-stopped.
- rhymed by assonance xAxABxB or xAxABAB. x being unrhymed. True rhyme is generally not used.
- composed with a volta or change in thought between L4 and L5.
- sometimes serves as a conclusion for another verse.
Acknowledgements :- Thank you Grace for hosting Poetry form Challenge :- Seguidilla on dVerse. For rules please refer here. Thank you all for stopping by and reading.