Well, you’d think being nice would guarantee sanity. The hard truth is, it often doesn’t.
The conundrum of :-
- Do you have to react because someone is mindlessly saying negative things about you and your loved ones or just let them get done with their gibberish?
- Do you have to react because they misunderstand and say something “cleverly” and say you also do so?
- Do you have to react when no one understands you and yet somewhere deep down you know you aren’t wrong?
- Do you have to take everything to heart or just let things go, even if the ones saying are your loved ones?
The things that offer me sanity :-
- Well, I can’t control anyone else’s behaviour except mine .
- People react according to their circumstances and more often than not is a reflection of themselves than anyone else.
- No one is neither good or bad, these are just relative terms.
- However hard it is, it’s better to focus on one’s work and what needs to be done rather than reflecting on thoughts on the outside ; focus internally.
All said and done, it’s my choice to be nice and sane not because I would appear as a decent human to others, it would offer much needed comfort to me. Also, it would leave more strands of hair on my head, rather than on the floor!! (chuckles)
These thoughts aren’t new, but improvements in any form is always welcome. Thank you for bearing with my rant upto now, leaving you with a tanka to ponder:-
sun shines everyday
not because someone is nice,
and someone isn’t,
he always rises from east,
and for forever more will.
Acknowledgements :- Thank you Reena Saxena for hosting Reena’s Exploration Challenge #212. The theme being, “It’s new … does it mean it’s welcome?” For rules please refer here. Thank you all for stopping by and reading.